Commercial vehicle insurance insures proper protection of a vehicle and it’s the owner. A person who is involved in any form of business and uses commercial vehicles should take comprehensive vehicle insurance to avail a range of facilities that are provided by the insurance companies. Whether you own a transport business or a rental car business, insurance for the vehicles used in your work is very important. Although it is mandatory in India to have atleast a third-party insurance for your vehicle whether it is commercially used or not, getting a good insurance plan would not only provide protection but several other services as well for your vehicle. A third party insurance policy is a mandatory policy but one should avail a comprehensive insurance policy in order to make the most of the benefits out of it. Avail commercial vehicle insurance that protects not only you but your businesses’ interests as well.
The major benefits of commercial vehicle insurance for businesses:
- Works as a tax-saver: A very basic objective of every businessman is to save taxes. A commercial vehicle insurance policy provides a two-way benefit. It not only offers the perks of availing the insurance but also helps you save tax. A commercial vehicle insurance cover can be added as a business expense and therefore, it is tax-deductible and hence, one can save some amount on this. Therefore, one not only avails quality insurance coverage but can also potentially save taxes.
- Protection for employees: A comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance policy provides coverage to employees who drive your vehicles. The truck drivers or car drivers involved in your business get financial cover under the vehicle insurance taken by you. If any of your employees is injured in any fatal accident, the insurance company provides compensation to them.
- One-in-all coverage: If you own a business that has a lot many trucks or vehicles, you can take commercial vehicle insurance policies in bulk that covers all of it. One does not need to manage different insurance policies for each of the vehicles that he owns. Also, you can negotiate with your insurance company and get a discount on your policy.
- Damage protection: No businessman tends to entertain additional costs every month that would lower his earnings. But, it is inevitable to protect a commercial vehicle from external damage. Therefore, it is beneficial to avail commercial vehicle insurance that provides damage protection in case of natural calamities, accidents, man-made calamities etc.
- Third-party insurance: Commercial vehicles are prone to fatal road accidents. It is not possible for a businessman to either control such occurrence or even pay for it in most cases. A commercial vehicle insurance policy provides third-party coverage where the victim is compensated for the damage caused by the insured vehicle. Although it is the most basic cover that one can have to cover the compulsion under the law in India, it is better to take a policy that provides better coverage than the basic one.
- Add-on benefits: A comprehensive vehicle insurance policy also provides some add-on benefits that are extremely helpful. There are add-on coverages like garage facility, repairing facility, car towing facility etc. A businessman always looks to make the maximum benefit out of every investment and choosing a good insurance policy would do that for him.
- Stress buster: A commercial vehicle insurance takes care of all the additional expenses and damages providing a lot of relief to the businessmen. Running a vehicle or transportation business is very hectic. A vehicle insurance policy assuages the burden of the businessman and relieves his stress to some extent.
The benefits of a commercial vehicle insurance policy are worth every penny of its cost. You can learn more about car insurance policies from the following link: https://www.turtlemint.com/car-insurance/articles/commercial-vehicle-insurance-in-india. They not only provide a range of coverages and facilities to the insurance policyholder but also works as a beneficial investment for businessmen.